Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The beginning

This is not the beginning.  If you really want to get to the very beginning, you will have to go back to my first memory of baking, with my mom, at age 3.  I remember she let us pull the kitchen chairs up to the counter where she was doing something, anything, and let us help.  That day happened to be pie and with pies come scraps of dough that are perfect for little girls to get their hands full of flour.

But, today is not that day. I have had many more days in between with experiments in recipe following, 4-H fair baking, bakery decorating, food science and engineering testing at Purdue, and tinkering at my day job.  But the fun begins after the 5pm bell blows and I get to come home and create in my kitchen.

I love to cook for others and I want to practice the art of gourmet cooking techniques, especially plating and creating my own ingredients. I wanted a place to share that with others and that is the purpose of my blog. I want you to join me on this experiment as I make good, interesting, not-so-good, and re-purposed food that will hopefully excite and inspire.

Happy cooking,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment